Re: about Reloc Type: BFD_RELOC_8/16/32

daniel tian <daniel.xntian@gmail.com> writes:

> Is there any reference (like howto manual) tells me how to deal with
> those kind of symbol?
> like this:
> 	.file	"test_lib.c"
> 	.section .mdebug.abi32
> 	.section	.debug_abbrev,"",@progbits
> .Ldebug_abbrev0:
> 	.section	.debug_info,"",@progbits
> .Ldebug_info0:
> 	.section	.debug_line,"",@progbits
> .Ldebug_line0:
>
> There is relocation symbol ".debug_abbrev", how do I resolve this type
> of relocation?

The question as written doesn't make much sense to me.  .debug_abbrev
is the name of a section, not a relocation.

You may well see relocations involving a subtraction between some
symbol and .Ldebug_abbrev0.  That will only happen if the other symbol
is in the .debug_abbrev section.  That kind of calculation can be made
by the assembler at assembly time, and does not involve a relocation.

Ian