Re: binutils-2.19.92 snapshot is available

Kai Tietz wrote:

> ld: FAIL: --entry 0x0

  I've looked at this failure on Cygwin; it's not significant, I don't think.
 The actual entry point is set as desired, but the dump test fails the pattern
match because PE has the odd habit of generating undefined references to
section symbols; these generate extra lines in the 'nm' output which throws
the regex matcher off and makes it record a failure.

  This behaviour (creating undefined references to section symbols) is old
behaviour that PE was doing long before any recent changes.  The really
interesting question is, how can you be seeing this failure, when the test is
a new test on HEAD that hasn't been backported to the branch....?

    cheers,
      DaveK