Re: Oops, serious ld bug cropped up

Dave Korn wrote:

>   I'll get back in the next few hours with an assessment of how serious this is.

  The auxiliary symbol data for an NT weak undef reference, that points to the
default value for the symbol if it should not be found, is getting the wrong
value in it somehow, and ends up carrying the index value of another weak
undef - the linker then attempts to parse the wrong members out of the union
in the symbol hash.  There's either some serious memory trashing going on, or
more likely something's adjusting the symbol table without renumbering the
internal references.  More soon.

    cheers,
      DaveK