This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Using linker script to mark .debug_frame allocatable
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Matt Fleming <matt at console-pimps dot org>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 10:07:30 -0400
- Subject: Re: Using linker script to mark .debug_frame allocatable
- References: <20090729140000.GA6308@console-pimps.org>
On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 03:00:01PM +0100, Matt Fleming wrote:
> I've had a look through the ld manual but so far have been unable to
> find a way to mark the .debug_frame section of an ELF as allocatable. I
> want to do this is because I'm writing a DWARF unwinder in the Linux
> kernel. A DWARF unwinder is particularly useful for architectures, like
> SH, that can't unwind their stacks using only a frame pointer.
> Is it possible to do this with a linker script?
No, it has to be in the object files. Why not use .eh_frame instead?