This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: gas alignment issue
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: "nagaraju.m" <nagaraju dot m at redpinesignals dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 17:59:26 +0100
- Subject: Re: gas alignment issue
- References: <4A642CB0.email@example.com>
I have gnu binutils-2.13.1, In which I have done assembler relaxation
for branch instruction and it is working fine, but if a function is
aligned then in some of the relaxed instruction emitted by assembler
having 0's opcode instead of instruction opcode which I have assigned in
md_convert_frag function based on the range of the symbol.
This sounds like a bug. The 2.13.1 sources are rather old. We are on
release 2.19.1 now. I would recommend upgrading to these sources, or
even the current mainline development sources.