This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Problem with binutils 2.19.1 with Cortex-a9/Linux-2.6.28
- From: Ramana Radhakrishnan <ramana dot radhakrishnan at arm dot com>
- To: Nitin Garg <nitingarg98 at gmail dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 12:19:39 +0100
- Subject: Re: Problem with binutils 2.19.1 with Cortex-a9/Linux-2.6.28
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: ramana dot radhakrishnan at arm dot com
On Thu, 2009-07-23 at 11:05 -0500, Nitin Garg wrote:
> Hi All,
> With the binutils 2.19.1 and gcc 4.4.0+kernel Linux 184.108.40.206, I am
> seeing an error "undefined relocation: 3" while doing insmod of
> loadable kernel modules. The LKM are build using this toolchain.
> If I change to binutils 2.19, the problem goes away.
Unless you provide a testcase or an example of where this relocation is
being produced, it wouldn't be possible to comment if this is incorrect
generation of a relocation.
Googling around seems to indicate that similar issues were encountered
with the PPC Linux port which was to do with .eh_frame being generated.
A reference thread is available here.
I can only speculate that this is your issue.