This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: PATCH: Add --report-line-number-with-parentheses to linker
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 16:20:42 -0700
- Subject: Re: PATCH: Add --report-line-number-with-parentheses to linker
- References: <20090724163823.GA26443@lucon.org> <email@example.com>
On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 4:10 PM, Ian Lance Taylor<firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> "H.J. Lu" <email@example.com> writes:
>> Some IDE expects line number in linker messages surrounded by
> How about having people who use that IDE simply replace the linker with
> a shell script which invokes the real ld and runs sed on the output?
It is slow and sed may not be available on that platform.