This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: PATCH: PR ld/10433: Latest ld fails to link ldconfig properly
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at bigpond dot net dot au>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 09:04:14 +0930
- Subject: Re: PATCH: PR ld/10433: Latest ld fails to link ldconfig properly
- References: <20090722213227.GA16649@lucon.org>
On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 02:32:27PM -0700, H.J. Lu wrote:
> A STT_GNU_IFUNC symbol goes through PLT only if it is ever referenced.
> I checked in this patch to fix it.
You don't have global authority to commit patches. I'd normally let
this sort of patch pass, but I quite clearly explained why I removed
your test of ref_regular before. Please revert this patch and instead
fix it in your target finish_dynamic_symbol.
> +2009-07-22 H.J. Lu <email@example.com>
> + PR ld/10433
> + * elflink.c (elf_link_output_extsym): Special case ifunc syms
> + when ref_regular, not def_regular.
Australia Development Lab, IBM