This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [RFA] Add dwarf4 values to include/dwarf2.h
- From: Cary Coutant <ccoutant at google dot com>
- To: Ben Elliston <bje at au1 dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: Doug Evans <dje at google dot com>, binutils at sourceware dot org, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 17:10:19 -0700
- Subject: Re: [RFA] Add dwarf4 values to include/dwarf2.h
- References: <20090716205428.8CCBB846E6@localhost> <1248134235.8878.0.camel@helios>
>> This patch adds various dwarf4 elements, plus DW_AT_GNU_odr_signature,
>> to include/dwarf2.h.
> Should this file even be called dwarf2.h any more?
DWARF-2 was so different from DWARF-1, it was essentially a new
format, so it made sense at the time. DWARF-3 and DWARF-4 are just
mostly-compatible extensions of DWARF-2, and updating the name for
each new revision would only be counterproductive. Just think of it as