This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Implementing long branch stubs with PLTs
- From: Christophe LYON <christophe dot lyon at st dot com>
- To: Will Newton <will dot newton at gmail dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 11:07:03 +0200
- Subject: Re: Implementing long branch stubs with PLTs
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 16.07.2009 18:12, Will Newton wrote:
My question is: how do the arm, hppa and ppc ports avoid this problem?
I cannot find any code in those ports that appears to explicitly deal
with branches to global symbols via a PLT.
Are you looking at sufficiently recent sources? I committed a patch for
ARM on June 22. Be sure to get a copy of these updated sources.
If you look at elf32_arm_size_stubs() in elf32-arm.c, you will see the
/* For a destination in a shared library,
use the PLT stub as target address to
decide whether a branch stub is
IIUC your question, it's exactly what you need.
I don't know how it works for other targets (HPPA, PPC), sorry.