This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [RFA] Add dwarf4 values to include/dwarf2.h
- From: Doug Evans <dje at google dot com>
- To: tromey at redhat dot com
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org, ccoutant at google dot com
- Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 17:02:17 -0700
- Subject: Re: [RFA] Add dwarf4 values to include/dwarf2.h
- References: <20090716205428.8CCBB846E6__41074.7728696608$1247777706$gmane$org@localhost> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 2:15 PM, Tom Tromey<email@example.com> wrote:
>>>>>> "Doug" == Doug Evans <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> Doug> + ? ?DW_AT_GNU_odr_signature = 0x210f,
> I would like to ask that all new GNU extensions be documented in
> dwarf2.h. ?The existing extensions are already the subject of some
> bafflement; I would like to end this practice.
> I think my ideal form for this would be a long comment in the style of
> the rest of the DWARF standard -- something that someone already
> familiar with DWARF could readily read and understand.
Maybe this patch should be split into two then.