This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
How to keep the archive involatile if the members are involatile?
- From: Pan ruochen <panruochen at gmail dot com>
- To: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 12:03:08 +0800
- Subject: How to keep the archive involatile if the members are involatile?
gcc -c 1.c 2.c
ar rcs $$(date +%Y%m%d_%H%M%S).a 1.o 2.o
1. o and 2.o are not changed on each building since the source file
1.c and 2.c are not changed.
But the output archive is changed every time.
And I try in another way.
ar rcs $$(date +%Y%m%d_%H%M%S).a 1.txt 2.txt
The output archive are kept unchanged. (1.txt and 2.txt are two normal
So I think there is some option for ar to keep the archive unchanged
if the members are not changed.
But I can't find it in the manual.
Jul 8, 2009