This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: PATCH: PR ld/10337: strip breaks statically linked binaries with .rela.plt section
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at bigpond dot net dot au>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 10:43:35 +0930
- Subject: Re: PATCH: PR ld/10337: strip breaks statically linked binaries with .rela.plt section
- References: <20090627155720.GA21031@lucon.org> <20090630005136.GQ3861@bubble.grove.modra.org> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20090701070116.GR3861@bubble.grove.modra.org> <email@example.com>
On Wed, Jul 01, 2009 at 05:45:06AM -0700, H.J. Lu wrote:
> All reloc sections pointing to the dynamic symbol table
> are treated as normal sections. Before STT_GNU_IFUNC
> changes, we never had executables with reloc section
> which didn't point to the dynamic symbol table.
HJ, you focus too narrowly on Linux. We certainly do have such
targets. VxWorks is one.
Australia Development Lab, IBM