Re: supporting deterministic 'ar'

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 07:12, Nick Clifton <nickc@redhat.com> wrote:
>> * is there a better way to get LONG_MAX in archive.c?
>
> #include <limits.h>

Wasn't sure if this would be acceptable.  I didn't find any other uses
of LONG_MAX in bfd, and only one of INT_MAX... and libiberty rolls its
own, so i figured i'd check.

>> * any preference about flag name?
>
> Well I did think that "deterministic" was slightly off, because it implies that non-deterministic archives are random somehow, but I could not come up with a better suggestion.  So lets keep it as deterministic.

I'd also thought about repeatable, reproducible, ...  but i like
deterministic best, yeah.  8-)  if anybody has any better suggestions,
feel free to send them to me off-list.

Thanks for the comments (you and others) -- I'll finish this up and
send it as soon as I get a chance.

chris