Re: Changing SONAME of existing binary .so library

Hi,

Is this the appropriate list for this question? If it's not, I would
appreciate it if you could give me some pointers on where to look for
this.

On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 20:35, Filipe Brandenburger
<filbranden@gmail.com> wrote:
> I was wondering if there is any way to change the SONAME of a binary
> library file without altering the other contents. I thought maybe
> "objcopy" could do this trick (since I've seen similar tricks done
> with it), but I read the documentation and didn't find anything...

I started looking at objcopy, and I found out that with arguments
--remove-section and --add-section it would be possible to replace a
section of a binary (which I guess it's what I need), however I still
don't know where to go from here... I still did not even find what is
the name of the section where I will find the SONAME. Any help will be
welcome.

Thanks,
Filipe