RE: Unknown section identifier in ObjDump output

Hi Alan & Daniel

> > 1. establish the size of the *com* section from entry addresses and
> > sizes, or
>
> size --common

Many thanks to both of you, but I found the panacea (for me anyway)! :-)

Using --fno-common in the actual compilation via GCC, all 'common' symbols
are placed in the .bss section.

As an aside, how can I configure the mailing list to always have the sender
as binutils@sources.redhat.com? This simplifies my spam filter and allows a
straight forward 'reply' when replying?

Once again, many thanks

Gary