Re: [rfc] declaring new object format "FDPIC ELF"

Hi Mike,

what i'd like to do is promote FDPIC ELF as an object format so that we can do the default target binding based on tuple and in the configure scripts rather than having this logic in the source code. the annoying part is that the obj-fdpicelf files merely define one or two things and then include the normal obj-elf files. i'm attaching a working patch (that is both outdated wrt CVS head and lacking ChangeLogs/etc...) to show what i mean. if this is the way to go, i'll clean it up and submit it for commit.

It may seem rather clunky, but I think that this is the way to go. So please do submit a tidied up patch.