Re: RFC: PATCH: Avoid reading debug symbols

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 07:36:29AM -0700, H.J. Lu wrote:
> Here is an updated patch. It tries to avoid loading debug symbols with
> more than 1000000 symbols during linking when -s is used. I am not sure
> if there will be relocations against debug symbols. If yes, I should also
> discard relocations in debug sections.

How do you handle relocations against other symbols?  A relocation
symbol index is an index into the array of symbols.  If you've dropped
entries from the symbol array, won't you need to adjust reloc indices
too?

--
Alan Modra
Australia Development Lab, IBM