Re: windres regression with control strings spanning multiple lines

Brian Dessent <brian@dessent.net> wrote on 17.03.2008 14:12:59:

> Kai Tietz wrote:
>
> > > I'm not sure what fields those bytes represent, and whether they
matter
> > > or are just coincidental uninitialized foo.  I suppose the test
could
> > > ignore the first 0x40 bytes of the section if that makes the results
> > > stable.
> >
> > These are timestamps, so this variant won't work.
>
> That would explain it.  But similarly to how the gcc bootstrap uses cmp
> --ignore-initial=16, could the testcase not just ignore the first 0x40
> bytes of the section when comparing?  Or are the timestamps in other
> locations?

I don't think this will work. For each resource entry the timestamps are
set. Eg for your example you posted they are at offset 4, 0x1c, and 0x34.
So wouldn't it be better to generate a .d file and replace the timestamp
entries by a star or something equivalent?

  Kai