This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: GOT entries 0 with gcc2.95.3/binutils2.14 but properly relocated with gcc4.1.1/binutils16.5
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at bigpond dot net dot au>
- To: Roland Puntaier <Roland dot Puntaier at br-automation dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 16:19:31 +0930
- Subject: Re: GOT entries 0 with gcc2.95.3/binutils2.14 but properly relocated with gcc4.1.1/binutils16.5
- References: <OF33C9A911.B493D19F-ONC125737F.003BE5A8-C125737F.004570FB@br-automation.com>
On Thu, Oct 25, 2007 at 02:38:22PM +0200, Roland Puntaier wrote:
> when linking blcyclic.o into bl.out
> .got entries stay 0 and R_386_GLOB_DAT relocations are issued for
> while .got entries get filled and R_386_RELATIVE relocations get issued
> with GCC 4.1.1/binutils 16.5.
> Is there a way to make the former do what the latter does?
Of course. You have the source!
Australia Development Lab, IBM