This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: PATCH: put .sdata2/.sbss2 into the writable segment on vxworks ppc
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org, Nathan Froyd <froydnj at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 22:23:06 -0400
- Subject: Re: PATCH: put .sdata2/.sbss2 into the writable segment on vxworks ppc
- References: <D078C8DB-8574-4EA8-B253-B893A554B9B1@adacore.com>
On Tue, Oct 23, 2007 at 06:13:00PM +0200, Tristan Gingold wrote:
> on VxWorks 6 (for powerpc) all the .sdata2 sections of the library are flagged
> Therefore during the final link (in RTP mode) the corresponding segment must be
> Currently these sections are always put into the RX segment by the linker
> script. As a consequence
> this segment becomes RWX which is unfortunate.
> This patch fixes this issue by adding a new variable: WRITABLE_SDATA2.
(FYI, CodeSourcery builds the official VxWorks toolchains. We're
sometimes very good at keeping the FSF tree up to date, and sometimes
a bit behind...)
I know I've seen this problem before. I don't remember the exact
details, but I believe there was a bit more wrong here dealing with
the VxWorks loader's restrictions on the number of segments in
Nathan, there's a more complete patch with your name on it from
2007-07-24; think you could post it and the followup?