This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] fix objcopy PE -> ELF conversion
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>
- To: Christian Franke <Christian dot Franke at t-online dot de>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 12:19:16 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] fix objcopy PE -> ELF conversion
- References: <471CF3CF.email@example.com>
On Mon, Oct 22, 2007 at 09:02:39PM +0200, Christian Franke wrote:
> Objcopy cannot convert pe-i386 to elf32-i386. The offsets of the
> pc-relative relocation entries are not converted properly.
> I need some PE to ELF conversion for the Cygwin port of GRUB2. The first
> working Cygwin patch for GRUB2 includes a workaround to load the broken
> ELF modules produced by objcopy. It would be desirable to fix this in
> objcopy itself.
There is nothing wrong with objcopy. GRUB2 should be fixed instead.
You should be to link PECOFF .o files with ELF .o files to generate