This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Force symbol inclusion in .a library
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 16:36:26 -0400
- Subject: Re: Force symbol inclusion in .a library
- References: <loom.20071016T181001email@example.com>
On Tue, Oct 16, 2007 at 06:13:29PM +0000, Dave W wrote:
> Works in windows because on windows the function is
> declared extern "C" _declspec(dllexport) Glue(void *);
> which forces the linker to include the symbol because it is
> marked for dll exporting.
Your choices are --whole-archive and "-u Glue". There's no way you
can mark the symbol.