This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: compile failure due to undefined symbol
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 09:13:09 -0400
- Subject: Re: compile failure due to undefined symbol
- References: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org> <470223FF.email@example.com>
On Tue, Oct 02, 2007 at 11:57:03AM +0100, Nick Clifton wrote:
> But I was able to use it as the basis for a patch which did work. Would you
> like to try it out and see what you think ? (The patch is attached, but I have
> not included the regenerated files. I assume that you are OK to recreate them
> yourself). I chose to use -rpath rather than -rpath-link and then to
> explicitly link into the shared bfd library rather than using the library
> location mechanism as this appeared to do the right thing.
Eww eww eww! What, if anything, does this do to the installed