Always include elf.lo?

GDB currently includes elfread.o on all targets.  This uses
bfd_target_elf_flavour, but not a whole lot else that's really
ELF-specific.  I want to add something to it which will check program
headers.  Pedro Alves noticed that this broke compilation on some
non-ELF platforms, because the ELF functions were no longer available
in BFD.

Does anyone object to always compiling elf.lo for BFD, regardless of
the target?  I haven't tried it, but looking at the tangled
dependencies I think this will mean all of $elf too.

The best alternative would be to check whether the ELF routines were
available in BFD in GDB's configure script, I think.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery