Re: PATCH: Properly handle x86 crc32 in Intel mode

>>> "H. J. Lu" <hjl@lucon.org> 30.04.07 19:40 >>>
>This patch fixes crc32 in Intel mode. I will check it in if there
>are no objections in a day or 2.

I completely disagree here. No suffixes should be used in Intel mode unless
there's no other way to distinguish multiple possible operand sizes. Hence the
crc32-intel test is entirely wrong. The second operand's size of crc32 should
be deduced from register size or memory operand size specifier, and if there's
a memory operand without specifier it should be warned about just like in all
other ambiguous cases.

Also, while at this - could you have your doc people clarify the meaning of
an operand size prefix used with this instruction? Since all other 3-byte SSE4
insns use this prefix (I really wonder why), explicitly stating its meaning on
crc32 would disambiguate things.

Jan