Re: Format of ld error message

Hi Nick,

I might have got the wrong end of the stick/mailing list.

You have the right mailing list, but possibly you are holding an old stick...

The following error message doesn't get parsed correctly by Emacs because it
apparently doesn't follow the GNU standard:

myprint.o: In function `myprint':/home/nickrob/myprint.c:27: undefined reference to `mysquare6'

Which version of the linker produces this error message ? If it is not the latest released version (2.17) or the current mainline development sources then please could you try them. If you can still produce this message then please could you file an error report with the bugzilla system (http://sourceware.org/bugzilla). We definitely want our error messages to follow the proper conventions.