Re: Fix linking of .gpdword on MIPS

On Tue, Feb 27, 2007 at 09:32:23AM +0000, Richard Sandiford wrote:
> By "true relocation against symbol zero", I meant one that was in
> an input file.  That's technically possible, isn't it?  (If ELF lets
> you do something, it seems something somewhere will.)

True.  I have no conception of what such a relocation would mean,
however.  There would never be a definition of such a symbol.  I guess
you could use it for ARM placeholder R_ARM_NONE's (and in fact I think
we handle that case).

> Anyway, it's moot now.  I was wanting to move away from an r_symndx
> check, and that's exactly what HJ's patch does, so I'm happy.
> And sorry for missing HJ's patch and posting one of my own.

I missed it too, in fact.  Or rather, didn't realize it applied to
this problem.

> I'll give it a go.  I'm not sure I can help with:
>
>     http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2007-02/msg00110.html
>
> though, which seems to have been the last word on the patch.

Alan, could you expand on what you meant?

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery