This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
problem with info file backup restoration
- From: "Jan Beulich" <jbeulich at novell dot com>
- To: <bug-automake at gnu dot org>
- Cc: <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 15:36:04 +0200
- Subject: problem with info file backup restoration
The code in lib/am/texibuild.am uses a construct `echo "./$@" | sed 's|[^/]*$$||'` to obtain the directory of the files
to be restored. However, this obviously doesn't work when the directory is absolute (i.e. when I have the sources on
/usr/local/src and build in a separate output directory under /home). Why can't this simply be `dirname "./$@"`/ ?