This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Question about other debuginfo reduction possibilities
- From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- To: Jan Kratochvil <lace at jankratochvil dot net>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 16:03:14 +0200
- Subject: Re: Question about other debuginfo reduction possibilities
- References: <20060626134607.GA21397@host0.dyn.jankratochvil.net>
- Reply-to: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
On Mon, Jun 26, 2006 at 03:46:07PM +0200, Jan Kratochvil wrote:
> So is it right there are no more methods for standards compliant DWARF-2.0 size
I'd say it is enough to create Dwarf3 compliant output, after all, the debug
info GCC creates contains many of the things that are in Dwarf3, but not
Dwarf3 standard contains whole informative Appendix E which talks about
debug info compression and dup elimination.