This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Problem with gdb relocation of debug info
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Mattias Bertilsson <mattias dot bertilsson at enea dot com>
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot org, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 08:33:32 -0400
- Subject: Re: Problem with gdb relocation of debug info
- References: <4493F8EC.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Sat, Jun 17, 2006 at 02:43:24PM +0200, Mattias Bertilsson wrote:
> ld -o [exe] [intermediate] -T [lcf] -n --emit-relocs -e [crt0] --cref
> --discard-none -M
This is the key.
As Andreas said, gdb is doing the right thing. But you don't want it
to do that right thing. You might want to prevent GDB from applying
relocations in ET_EXEC files - I presume this produces an ET_EXEC file.