This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Problem with gdb relocation of debug info
- From: Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>
- To: Mattias Bertilsson <mattias dot bertilsson at enea dot com>
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot org, binutils at sourceware dot org, Stefan Bylund <stefan dot bylund at enea dot com>
- Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2006 17:35:04 +0200
- Subject: Re: Problem with gdb relocation of debug info
- References: <4493F8EC.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <4494179C.email@example.com>
Mattias Bertilsson <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> Do you have any thoughts on the chances that we might get away with the
> quick and dirty fix of treating simple relocations such as R_ARM_ABS32 REL
> as RELA in our gdb port?
You might want to grep for partial_inplace in reloc.c and read the big
comment around its occurences. Things are quite complicated when it comes
to relocation processing.
Andreas Schwab, SuSE Labs, email@example.com
SuSE Linux Products GmbH, Maxfeldstraße 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany
PGP key fingerprint = 58CA 54C7 6D53 942B 1756 01D3 44D5 214B 8276 4ED5
"And now for something completely different."