This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Adding -z nonow to complement -z now
- From: Olivier Galibert <galibert at pobox dot com>
- To: "Kevin F. Quinn" <kevquinn at gentoo dot org>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org, toolchain at gentoo dot org
- Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 20:48:10 +0200
- Subject: Re: Adding -z nonow to complement -z now
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mon, Jun 12, 2006 at 08:00:03PM +0200, Kevin F. Quinn wrote:
> Although some might consider it pointless, it would be very useful to
> us (Gentoo Hardened project). We flip the default when building with
> gcc to set -z now by default. Our current method of undoing this
> (which we need to do very occasionally) is via an extra option handled
> in a gcc specs file; the downside here is that libtool in particular
> filters our option because it doesn't recognise it. With this, we can
> pass '-Wl,-z,nonow' in LDFLAGS and libtool pays attention.
Why don't you fix libtool?