This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: gettext.m4: xgettest detection is bogus
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Jan-Benedict Glaw <jbglaw at lug-owl dot de>
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2006 17:08:48 -0400
- Subject: Re: gettext.m4: xgettest detection is bogus
- References: <20051230141432.GE13985@lug-owl.de>
On Fri, Dec 30, 2005 at 03:14:32PM +0100, Jan-Benedict Glaw wrote:
> In gettext.m4 there's a test for "xgettext". Once it is found, it's
> also checked to be the GNU version. If it is not, the local xgettext
> is not considered useful and -lintl is dropped from $(LIBS).
> Building on a Solaris 8 system, this would result in link errors
> (because of missing -lintl). Also, if ggettext is pkg-get'ted, the
> gxgettext program isn't considered by gettext.m4. Of course you'd
> supply it with something like
If you have a chance, could you check if the new intl gets this right?
(HEAD, not 2.17 branch).