This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] Create ".dynamic" section earlier
- From: "H. J. Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>
- To: Fred Fish <fnf at specifix dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2006 08:03:14 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Create ".dynamic" section earlier
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Fri, Jun 09, 2006 at 10:14:24AM -0400, Fred Fish wrote:
> When testing gdb for various mips*-elf toolchains I'm getting link errors like the following
> edited message:
> gdb compile failed, ld: gdb1555.so: The first section in the PT_DYNAMIC segment is not the .dynamic section
> ld: final link failed: Bad value
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> Attached is a patch that fixes it, though I'm not sure it is the best
> way to handle the issue.
I have seen similar one before. I thought I fixed it with
I may have missed this one. Do you have a testcase?