This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] (version 2) Change MIPS linker stubs to allow for more than 2^15 symbols.
- From: Richard Sandiford <richard at codesourcery dot com>
- To: David Daney <ddaney at avtrex dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org, Thiemo Seufer <ths at networkno dot de>, Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2006 07:56:17 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] (version 2) Change MIPS linker stubs to allow for more than 2^15 symbols.
- References: <4488A29D.firstname.lastname@example.org>
David Daney <email@example.com> writes:
> ! #define MIPS_FUNCTION_STUB_SIZE(INFO) \
> ! (elf_hash_table (INFO)->dynsymcount > 65536 ? 20 : 16)
Sorry to be a pain, but as I said earlier, I really do think we should
cache the chosen stub size in mips_elf_link_hash_table (and get rid of
this macro entirely). That will emphasise that always_size_dynamic_sections
is the place that makes the decision, and that it's only safe to use this
value once that function has been called. I think that will be more robust
and easier to understand in future.
Apart from that, and from Thiemo's and Daniel's comments, this looks
really good to me. Thanks a lot for doing this!