Re: RFH/RFC: symbol index overflow in MIPS linker stubs...

Richard Sandiford wrote:
David Daney <ddaney@avtrex.com> writes:

There are three ways to do this:

1) Always use a 20 byte stub. This allows for up to 2^31 - 1 dynamic symbols. You are concerned that this would break IRIX tools.

Well, "would"'s a bit a too strong.  It's only a vague "might".
It's o32 I'm particularly worried about: the o32 IRIX tools
are a bit weird.

That wouldn't be much of an argument if it wasn't fairly easy
to do #2 or #3, of course, but it does look fairly easy.

My main concern is that in _bfd_mips_elf_adjust_dynamic_symbol I need to know the size of the stub, but I am uncertain if we will know the number of dynamic symbols at this point so that we can choose the proper stub size.

David Daney