This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: RFH/RFC: symbol index overflow in MIPS linker stubs...
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Thiemo Seufer <ths at networkno dot de>
- Cc: David Daney <ddaney at avtrex dot com>, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 15:42:49 -0400
- Subject: Re: RFH/RFC: symbol index overflow in MIPS linker stubs...
- References: <44871E31.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20060607192759.GD9732@networkno.de>
On Wed, Jun 07, 2006 at 08:27:59PM +0100, Thiemo Seufer wrote:
> I would favour a two instruction sequence, applications will continue to
> grow. There might be some compatibility traps, but at a superficial
> glance I haven't found an obvious blocker.
If we can change the stub sequence without ABI problems, why waste an
instruction? Support both.