This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [patch] Thumb-2 conditional execution disassembly
- From: Paul Brook <paul at codesourcery dot com>
- To: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Cc: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 15:06:55 +0100
- Subject: Re: [patch] Thumb-2 conditional execution disassembly
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20060430001517.GA30745@nevyn.them.org>
On Sunday 30 April 2006 01:15, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> > + bits in the CPSR. */
> > +static unsigned int ifthen_state;
> > +/* IT state for the next instruction. */
> > +static unsigned int ifthen_next_state;
> > +/* The address of the insn for which the IT state is valid. */
> > +static bfd_vma ifthen_address;
> > +#define IFTHEN_COND ((ifthen_state >> 4) & 0xf)
> Isn't there somewhere in the dissassembler state that you can put
> these? And even then I'm a little concerned about the way you're
> caching. In objdump, the contents of memory can be counted on to stay
> stable; but in GDB they can't - if the program runs between two
> disassemblies at the same PC, the text area may change.
> Of course, it rarely does...
On Monday 15 May 2006 11:03, Nick Clifton wrote:
> Approved - please apply.
Mark and Julian have followup patches that conflict with this patch, so I've
applied it. I'll address Daniel's concerns with a followup patch.