This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix DT_NEEDED search with --as-needed libraries (PR ld/2721)
- From: "H. J. Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>
- To: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 09:21:30 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix DT_NEEDED search with --as-needed libraries (PR ld/2721)
- References: <20060601150907.GD3823@sunsite.mff.cuni.cz>
On Thu, Jun 01, 2006 at 05:09:07PM +0200, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
> If some --as-needed library mentioned on the command line isn't directly
> needed by executable being linked, but it is mentioned in DT_NEEDED of some
> needed library, then without this patch ld will disregard the library
> mentioned on the command line and look for a different one (e.g. in system
Can we also add a testcase?