This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: PATCH: use unsigned int :1 bitfield
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at bigpond dot net dot au>
- To: Ben Elliston <bje at au1 dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 13:37:45 +0930
- Subject: Re: PATCH: use unsigned int :1 bitfield
- References: <20060502034447.GA2645@ozlabs.au.ibm.com>
On Tue, May 02, 2006 at 01:44:47PM +1000, Ben Elliston wrote:
> Another patch hanging around in my checkout. It's best to qualify one
> bit wide bitfields as unsigned. I believe the C standard leaves the
> exact range of values for a signed :1 field up to the
> implementation--am I right?
Yes, according to my copy.
> * config/obj-elf.h (ELF_TARGET_SYMBOL_FIELDS): Make single bit
> field unsigned.
IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre