This is the mail archive of the binutils@sources.redhat.com mailing list for the binutils project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: cvs issues with .info files...


Hi,

Is there any reason why these info files are generated into the source
directory ? Shouldn't they be generated into the build directory
instead?

On 7/4/05, Mike Frysinger <vapier@gentoo.org> wrote:
> On Monday 04 July 2005 04:34 am, Christian Joensson wrote:
> > I just wonder what's happening... I have a cvs tree and when I do a
> > build of binutils, and then cvs update, I always get this:
> >
> > ? src/binutils/doc/binutils.info
> > ? src/bfd/doc/bfd.info
> > ? src/gas/doc/as.info
> > ? src/ld/ld.info
> 
> that's because those files arent stored in cvs (since they're generated at
> build time)
> 
> you can create a local .cvsignore file if you dont want to see the warnings:
> $ cat ld/.cvsignore
> .cvsignore
> ld.1
> ld.texi
> ld.info
> -mike
> 

Cheers,
-- 
Ravi Ramaseshan
http://www.geocities.com/ramaseshan_ravi/

" All man's miseries derive from not being able to sit in a room alone. "
- Blaise Pascal


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]