This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [rfc] eh-frame clobbers memory
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at bigpond dot net dot au>
- To: Richard Henderson <rth at twiddle dot net>
- Cc: binutils at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 23:12:15 +0930
- Subject: Re: [rfc] eh-frame clobbers memory
- References: <20050522101414.GA18027@twiddle.net>
On Sun, May 22, 2005 at 03:14:14AM -0700, Richard Henderson wrote:
> * elf-eh-frame.c (_bfd_elf_write_section_eh_frame): Reallocate
> contents if the section size grew.
elf_link_input_bfd will normally be using finfo.contents to buffer
eh_frame sections, so you definitely don't want to do this.
I suppose alpha must be stashing .eh_frame contents away in
elf_section_data this_hdr.contents, during elf64_alpha_relax_section.
Avoid that for .eh_frame and everything should work.
IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre