This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Getting MAXPAGESIZE from ELF_MAXPAGESIZE
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <ian at airs dot com>
- To: "H. J. Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: 21 May 2005 21:50:02 -0400
- Subject: Re: Getting MAXPAGESIZE from ELF_MAXPAGESIZE
- References: <20050521143055.GA13100@lucon.org>
"H. J. Lu" <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> I found a need to change ELF_MAXPAGESIZE at the command line. I can
> add a new option like -z page-size=128M. The problem is I have to
> update the linker script also. I'd like to modify the linker to
> get MAXPAGESIZE from ELF_MAXPAGESIZE in bfd. MAXPAGESIZE will be
> treated as a special read only symbol like '.'. At least, we don't
> need to set MAXPAGESIZE in linker.
I think it might be nicer if we didn't introduce yet another magic
symbol name in the linker script language. How about making it a
What should it return for a non-ELF target?