Re: Unintellegible ld error messages

On Sun, May 15, 2005 at 02:43:32PM -0400, Paul Koning wrote:
>  Alan> _Unwind_GetIP as a hidden symbol in libgcc.a is not the
>  Alan> problem.  If you built libstdc++.so linked against libgcc_s.so,
>  Alan> then when linking using libstdc++.so you need to have
>  Alan> libgcc_s.so available, and, importantly, libgcc_s.so must be
>  Alan> linked before libgcc.a if both are specified.
>
>  Alan> If you built libstdc++.so only linked against libgcc.a, then
>  Alan> you can use libstdc++.so like that too.
>
> Interesting.  objdump says that libstdc++ requires libm, but not
> libgcc_s.  And libm doesn't require anything.

Hmm.  Perhaps you have hit a ld bug, but it seems to me that you have
given confliction information.  If "The offending library is libstdc++"
then libstdc++.so contains an unsatisfied reference to _Unwind_GetIP,
which means libstdc++.so ought to refer to libgcc_s.so in a DT_NEEDED
tag.

--
Alan Modra
IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre