Re: PATCH: Minor ELF32/ia64 cleanup

> There seems to be a few oddities here, e.g. a FPTR64 relocation
> presented to a 32-bit toolchain will create a FPTR32 dynamic relocation
> for it, and similarly a FPTR32 relocation presented to a 64-bit
> toolchain will create a FPTR64 dynamic relocation for it.  This is a bit
> odd, but I suspect these won't occur in practice.  And this is an
> improvement over what we had before, since at least we correctly get
> FPTR32 with a 32-bit toolchain which we didn't get before.
>
> --
> Jim Wilson, GNU Tools Support, http://www.SpecifixInc.com

This could be a problem for some code I found in libffi.  It has:

	typedef void * ptr64 __attribute__((mode(DI)));

You can see my latest proposed GCC patch at:

This patch results in 64 bit relocations in the 32-bit toolchain, will
this patch break that functionality?  I have been using the HP linker on
IA64 HP-UX but I do build binutils to get gas and the other utilities
(readelf, etc).

Steve Ellcey
sje@cup.hp.com