Solaris -z combreloc bug?

I have a couple of questions concerning -z combreloc on Solaris:

Is it disabled for binutils 2.13.2.1 for Solaris maybe because of the bug
mentioned below?

What about binutils 2.14 or 2.15. Is "-z combreloc" enabled on Solaris?

I am asking this because I found this comment by Daniel Jacobowitz which
seems to imply that -z combreloc
might be disabled on Solaris at least on binutils 2.13.x:
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/bug-binutils/2002-q3/msg00511.html

I tried to find out whether combreloc is on by default on Solaris or not,
but I was unable to find anything either from the
source code, mailing lists or the documentation. I am obviously not familiar
with binutils internals. I also could not find
the combreloc bug in Bugzilla.

We are currently using binutils 2.13.2.1 with gcc 3.3.2 on Son Solaris 2.8
(Sparc).

Please cc me, because I am not on this mailing list.

I have some additional background information below. Any additional help
would be highly appreciated.

We have a large C++ application consisting of dozens of shared libraries.

We are experiencing very long application start up times which seem to be
due to the fact that the runtime
linker is spending a _lot_ of time binding symbols. I verified this with the
LD_DEBUG  variable of the
Solaris runtime linker. For example, the constructor for string is sometimes
bound dozens of times for single object and
hundreds of times for a single shared library. The same goes for all the
symbols.

After finding out this, I found about this -z combreloc-issue and figured it
might be reason for our problems.

Antti Kerola