Re: ld: cannot find

On Fri, Oct 01, 2004 at 09:46:15AM +0200, Meulendijks, J. wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I read the following on the internet:
>
> "You can specify a file name to include sections from a particular file. You
> would do this if one or more of your files contain special data that needs to be
> at a particular location in memory. For example, use the following input.
>
> data.o(.data)"
>
> But when I use this the linker says: "cannot find data.o". But the linkcommand
> is including the directory in which data.o is located. I do this with the -L
> option.
> I don't see what's is wrong with it but I only get this to work if I replace
> "data.o(.data)" with "c:/bla/bla/data.o(.data)". So I must give the absolute
> path and that's NOT what I want.

If you had read a little further, you would have seen

"Note that this differs from an INPUT command, because the linker will
not search for the file in the archive search path."

If you dislike this behaviour, please develop and submit a patch to ld.

--
Alan Modra
IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre