Re: 2.15 branch merge

On Apr 10, 2004, Daniel Jacobowitz <drow@false.org> wrote:

> Depends on your target, of course: if you have 4K pages, and page-level
> virtual memory mappings, then it doesn't much matter.  The extra pages
> will waste up to 12 KB worth of virtual address space.  If you don't
> have an MMU (doesn't the FRV port support uclinux as a kernel?) then
> that might be a much bigger deal, since you'll be wasting real RAM.

There is an MMU on at least one of the parts targeted by the FDPIC
ABI, and the minimum page size is 16KiB.

It's frv-elf that I'm worried about.  This patch changes the `Align'
entry of every PT_LOAD PHDR from 0x1000 to 0x4000.  I don't quite
understand the implications of this change though.

> Perhaps you should look at COMMONPAGESIZE, which will probably fix
> this.

Err...  I don't see how it could.  The problem is that, for non-FDPIC,
I'd like to keep ELFPAGESIZE as it was before, but for FDPIC, I really
need it to be bumped up to 16KiB.