Re: darwin host?

Ian Lance Taylor wrote:

Alex Rosenberg <alexr@spies.com> writes:

../src/configure --prefix=/Volumes/Data/binutils/bin
--enable-64-bit-bfd --enable-targets=all

*** This configuration is not supported in the following subdirectories:
     bfd binutils ld gas opcodes gprof
    (Any other directories should still work fine.)

"make" then only does etc, intl, and libiberty.

I should say something ironic about the only Mac in my house that has
a working binutils being my old PowerBook running MPW.

Oh yeah, sorry, I wandered off the track because of the --enable-targets=all.

The GNU binutils don't support the Mach-O object file format used on
OS X.  Talk to Apple.

However, BFD does supposedly, see bfd/mach-o.c and friends. Not obvious
why it's refusing to configure, maybe a little bitrot?

Stan